FCC Seizes Radio Equipment

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Fri May 27 10:57:55 EDT 2011

>>The FM band is immediately ___below___ the VHF aviation band

I remember having a multi-band radio and it did have "AIR"  with frequencies just above the top of our FM broadcast band. A quick check in Wikipedia says that the band is 108-137 MHz although military aircraft, etc., can use a different band.

I have had situations where I'm listening to an FM station and can suddenly hear an aircraft spur signal. Sometimes it happens at work in N. Reading (under a flight path?), perhaps on 96.9 (I forget exact frequency).