41 Years Ago on WBZ

Howard Glazer hmglaz@att.net
Wed May 11 15:21:47 EDT 2011

Bob Nelson wrote:
>I was 8 in '70 and 10 in '72 when they won again. Never attended a
>Bruins game but went to minor league hockey, the "Braves", at the
>Garden.

I won Braves tickets from Guy Mainella in October 1971 and still have the program from the game: Braves vs. Providence Reds. The Braves were coached by Bep Guidolin and had a few guys on the roster who went on to NHL careers, including Terry O'Reilly and goalie Dan Bouchard, who had many good seasons with the Flames after being taken in the expansion draft. The Reds were a California Golden Seals farm team; 40 years later I don't recall much about any of the players on their roster except for goalie Marcel Paille, who was an ancient former Rangers goalie (from the early '60s) who was playing out the string in the AHL.

Howard