41 Years Ago Today on WBZ

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Tue May 10 17:03:04 EDT 2011

I think the TV version, on CH 38, featured Don Earle and Johnny
Pierson (Pierson shared with radio?) Highlights of the season were put
on a record, "Goal: Bruins!" from Fleetwood Recording in Revere. You
could hear Earle's call: "Orr, feeds Sanderson behind the net, back to
Orr--he scores! He scores! The Boston Bruins have won the Stanley Cup
for the first time in 29 long years!"
Then there's a bit of locker room celebration (not on the ice, but in
locker room) with
Bobby's dad saying, "This is the happiest moment of my life" etc

I was 8 in '70 and 10 in '72 when they won again. Never attended a
Bruins game but went to minor league hockey, the "Braves", at the
Garden.