Donna Has Some News

markwa1ion@aol.com markwa1ion@aol.com
Fri May 6 22:51:40 EDT 2011

Though I have other plans tomorrow that put me nowhere near
Westborough, I wish Donna all the best of success in her personal
appearance there.

I remember John H. Garabedian first from WMEX early 1970 when he was
playing the controversial "Je T'Aime (Moi Non Plus)" record with the
simulated bedroom sounds of Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg.  Then
there was his mid/late '70s stint at his own station WGTR Natick, a
daytimer.  He would sign off either with Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to
Heaven" or the 10CC song "Feel the Benefit".  Unlike the pure hard rock
zealots of WAAF and WCOZ, John liked both rock 'n' roll and dance music
/ Euro-disco.  By the mid 1980s he was involved with TV, notably "V66"
(WVJV channel 66, transmitting from Hudson, MA), a local music video
outlet somewhat like "old" MTV.  Later in that decade, his syndicated
"Open House Party" radio show, an energetic mix of hard rock and power
dance music, got started.  Kiss 108 carried it for many years.

Mark Connelly

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Drown <revdoug1@myfairpoint.net>
To: Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>; markwa1ion@aol.com
Cc: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Sent: Fri, May 6, 2011 9:00 pm
Subject: Re: Donna Has Some News

Congratulations, Donna! You are not only our broadcasting history guru,
but DOCTOR Guru as well.

Johnny Gardner! That's a name I haven't heard in a looooonnnnng time .
. . I remember John H. very well from his days at WPTR and WORC. I wish
I could be there tomorrow.

Good wishes to you, and have a great time!

-Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Donna Halper" <dlh@donnahalper.com>