Does WMJX pay Dunkin Donuts to have station on?

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Fri May 6 10:21:35 EDT 2011

It's actually like a system from a company like PlayNetworks.  They provide
the location with a hard drive based player.  The client's home office has a
web based interface where they can select from a large number of formats and
create blends of formats (ie. 30% deep oldies, 20% hip hop, 25% country and
25% dinner jazz) based on dayparts.  It can also be programmed to insert
messages at specific intervals.  The music is pushed to the box via the
internet at daily, weekly or monthly at the customer's instruction to allow
music to rotate in and out.  The company provides full ASCAP, BMI, SESAC
licensing with the contract.

The product is designed as a Muzak killer and is used in places like TGIF,
Starbucks and many others.

In the interest of disclosure, I am a reseller of this line.  This post was
meant to be informational not a sales pitch.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
SteveOrdinetz
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 8:08 AM
To: Roger Kirk
Cc: bri
Subject: Re: Does WMJX pay Dunkin Donuts to have station on?

I don't know how Margarita's does it, but I know the background music
channel for Hannaford supermarkets is controlled from their Portland
headquarters, and changes several times a day...50s/60s oldies in the
morning, then switches to 70s oldies mid-morning then to what is essentially
a Hot AC channel.  I wonder if the restaurant has a similar set-up and there
was some sort of problem with it?