How does radio in 2011 deal with this?

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Wed Mar 16 13:22:16 EDT 2011

At 12:39 PM -0400 3/16/11, Peter Murray wrote:
>I first heard the "F**k You" song on RDS in Italy, completely au
>naturel. It isn't just that the Italians weren't hearing it in their
>native tongue - I heard Puddle of Mudd's "She F**king Hates Me" on
>RTE's 2FM in Ireland uncensored on the car stereo there, and even the
>DJ commented "Sing along with the naughty bits .."

Eric Idle (of Monty Python) did a song with the F word a few years
ago after he was fined by the FCC.   It went something like:

F--- you very much, the FCC,
F--- you very much, for fining me.

I think it was only released on his website and not in any other
form, but I did hear it on satellite radio, I think it was on Vin
Scelsa's show.  It was a few years ago so my memory might not be
entirely accurate.
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH