WGBX 44-5

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sat Jun 18 10:36:11 EDT 2011

<<On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 02:14:55 -0400, "Paul Hopfgarten" <paul@derrynh.net> said:

> Here in Central NH, Kabletown doesn’t carry any WGBX, but does
> carry all WGBH subchannels as well as the WENH subchannel.

WGBH doesn't have any multicast services.  They're all on WGBX.  But
two of them (Create and World) are national services with no local
content beyond the occasional underwrtiter and the legal ID.

I'm not sure how they do it in Springfield.  I know "'GBH Kids" airs
on WGBY because they do a joint legal ID.  I would assume that they
would do the same for Create and World, but they don't; I'm not sure
if those two run in Springfield at all.  If they do, maybe they switch
them separately so they can have local underwriting in Springfield.

-GAWollman