Potential aux sites for WBZ

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Jun 17 00:27:14 EDT 2011

<<On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 23:43:28 -0400, Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> said:

> It's possible that the licensing of a fulltime 1030 in San Juan and the
> transition from NARBA to the 1981 Rio agreement and the subsequent 1984
> Canada/US agreement changed that, at least on an international level,
> but I'm not well enough versed in international broadcast treaty law to
> say for sure.

Which raises the question, Who is?  It seems pretty unlikely that
anyone on staff at the Commission was involved in the negotiations, so
I suspect they are very much operating on autopilot, and would be
disinclined to authorize anything that might require a novel
interpretation of any of the agreements.

(FWIW, Bermuda never signed on to any of the newer agreements, so WPTR
still protects ZNS1 under the old NARBA rules for class I-B stations.)

-GAWollman