W221CH Frequence Switch...?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Sun Jun 12 16:56:49 EDT 2011

I don't know the new calls, but the station that had been simulcasting WNNW at 92.1 licensed to Newton NH apparently got complaints of interference and they apparently have moved to 102.9, no doubt with new
 calls to reflect the frequency "channel". L. Glavin mentioned this on another board. I tried it in Beverly and let's just say it's so clear you'd think the stick was in Peabody or something!

 I guess this bad news for "WCFM Choice 102.9", but that pirate station has probably been off the air for awhile anyway (FCC fines, etc.) Because apparently the entry of 102.9 into the Merrimack Valley means
 there would be interference complaints from WNNW's owners should "Choice 102.9" decide to fire up again.
 (The Choice FM website is gone from its domain name but can be found by typing in choice1029.com into
 http://www.archive.org and pick a date). One version of the site declared that the station had the call
 letters WCFM (which will come as news to the folks at Williams College in Williamstown, FM 91.9) and they were supposedly putting out 2,000 watts with a range of 100 miles.

 Yeah. In the next breath they called themselves "low power radio". Anyway, apparently the WNNW
 simulcast is now at 102.9. Oh, and Laurence's post on the other board said that they'd applied for 102.9
 with a COL change to Lawrence MA