Radio never warned me (regarding Spfld tornado)

Bill O'Neill (billohno@gmail.com) billohno@gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 17:23:43 EDT 2011

J Ballard wrote:
> But think of all the major stories that have happened on weekends.
> Watergate comes to mind, on a Saturday evening.  I heard about it on NBC "Monitor",
> it was much later that CBS Radio had the story on the air.
>
> Tornadoes, chemical plant explosions, inquiring minds want to know- this is
> serious business.
News coverage is expensive as is breaking news coverage. What prevents
stations from contracting advertisers to commit to sponsoring breaking
events so that when the added resources are expended, there is new money
behind it (and a listener spike that goes with those events)?

Bill O'Neill