Phase out over-the-air signals? (was: Re: WCRB to simulcast on 88.7in R.I.)

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Sat Jun 4 15:42:34 EDT 2011

 W9WI.com just displayed the latest FCC totals of radio stations, and there were 4 fewer AM outlets than a year ago. But just a few
 days ago, WDOD-AM 1310 in Chattanooga, TN called it quits; I believe a WDOD-FM exists. Is Chattanooga "major"? The w9wi blog
 frequently mentions AM stations that have gone bye-bye, like WFGN in Gaffney, SC...at 1180 on-the-dial, a daytimer limited by
 WHAM in Rochester, NY.