PPM's (was: Re: WCRB to simulcast on 88.7 in R.I.

Bill Smith brscomm@yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 13:35:22 EDT 2011

See embedded comments.

________________________________

From: D. A. <donald_astelle@yahoo.com>
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org; Bill Smith <brscomm@yahoo.com>
Sent: Fri, June 3, 2011 8:20:35 PM
Subject: PPM's (was: Re: WCRB to simulcast on 88.7 in R.I.

Several times a week

Did you (as the dad) ever carry it for a day when she left it behind?
No. With my personal cell phone, company cell phone, my PPM, and the
walkie-talkie I carry, I have no room left on my belt.

Did you (as the dad) ever take it and shake it around to give the impression
that she was wearing it?
Once or twice a month. She would drop it on the couch while we were watching TV
and I'd shake it.

Why did your time as a PPM participant end?  Was it your doing...or Arbitron's
doing?  Would you have participated longer?
It was Arbitron. We did two years which was what they told us up front. Yes, I
would have continued.

As a PPM family, during your time as a participant, what is the total amount of
reward compensation (i.e.$$$) that you received
Honestly I can't say. Probably $200-250 each per year.

Was the compensation worth the hassle?  Did you do continue to participate for
the monetary compensation....or the thought that you were influencing radio
programming?
For the rest of the family, it was the compensation. For me, it was the
influence. Compensation was OK, but $15/month? hardly worth it.

Thanks!