Phase out over-the-air signals? (was: Re: WCRB to simulcast on 88.7 in

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Sat Jun 4 07:38:52 EDT 2011

It all sounds great but how will 10, 20, or 30+ thousand  stations playing
a variation of the same thing make any money? This seems more  of a pirate
business model than anything else. Go online for a few months and  then pull
the plug.

Mike

In a message dated 6/3/2011 10:18:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

>>>I'm reasonably certain that the car companies are  thinking about
that.  The current generation of in-car electronics  like Ford's
MyFordTouch system are already equipped to control  smartphone-based
media players over a bluetooth connection.

I think  the cost will relatively soon cease to be an issue as many
people will have  their 4G wireless data connection become their
primary Internet connection  anyway.  Obviously the early adopters will
be fairly well  off.<<<