WCRB to simulcast on 88.7 in R.I.

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Fri Jun 3 16:12:28 EDT 2011

>>when most college radio stations will start shutting off their FM transmitters and simply stream and/or podcast.

 You could well be right; I would hope in advance of such a scenario there could be an effort to
 set up the station as "community radio" (they'd need funding for studios, etc.) and try to continue
 as before on FM. Or just, yes, just keep going as a stream etc.

 As for college students they may have an mp3 player with an FM radio (I actually have 3 mp3 players--
 Sony Walkman, RCA-Opal, and Sansa, and all have FM radios as part of them) and perhaps _some_
 may want an mp3 player with an FM radio so they can at least hear Red Sox (104.9), Pats (98.5) or
 B's games (98.5) if so inclined...but that's just _some_...