Pirates

TVNETDUDE@aol.com TVNETDUDE@aol.com
Wed Jun 1 15:32:40 EDT 2011

I would assume that Part 15 would be Part 15 for everyone. You  give one
person a pass then everyone should get one. What would prevent any of  these
other services from interfering or producing spurs in the aircraft band?  It
is not as if they did any sort of formal research on a  frequency?

If the FCC doesn't care too much about high-powered  pirates, why would
they care about a flea  powered pirate?

Why would a one watt an MP3 transmitter, a drive-in, or  Companion Radio be
exempt? A drive in would be using a leaky coax transmission  system I would
imagine, no idea how they get Companion Radio around, but the 1  Watt MP3
is definitely illegal. Yet, you can still get  a one watt MP3 transmitter on
eBay.

Well you can get a KW transmitter on eBay too. It is contrary  to their own
TOS Agreement but they are all still listed there.

Mike

In a message dated 6/1/2011 11:09:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
boston-radio-interest-request@tsornin.BostonRadio.org writes:

>>Something like a drive in theatre broadcasting audio on FM;  someone
using a
mini FM transmitter to rebroadcast an mp3 player or  XM/Sirius to their
car's
FM radio; or a nursing home
using "Companion  Radio" that reaches a few blocks (such as Blueberry Hill
in
Beverly,
or  Brightview in Danvers) are permissible unlicensed. If you can pick up
these stations within
a range of several miles, definitely  pirates.<<<