Most expensive thing I ever won from a radio station

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Thu Jul 28 01:44:07 EDT 2011

In summer 1967, I won a whopping $15.10 and a
"WMEX Good Guys" sweatshirt for identifying
the song "Turn, Turn, Turn" by The Byrds (an
easy one for me even at ten years old).

My mom brought me down to "Broadcast House" on
Broadway to pick it up, and I got a studio tour
by Ron Robin.

Unfortunately, since I wanted to wear the shirt
right away, I asked for the smallest size they
had, not thinking that I might want to wear it
years later as an adult. But, I still have it!

EP