Most expensive thing I ever won from a radio station

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Wed Jul 27 13:44:03 EDT 2011

As my parents were frequent 85 HDH listeners, I certainly remember the Cash
Call. I was not a big HDH listener myself, but when a captive audience.....

-Paul H

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Vahey
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:52 AM
To: Paul Hopfgarten ; Bob Nelson ; Douglas Broda
Cc: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: Most expensive thing I ever won from a radio station

My aunt won WHDH Cash Call for over 11K in the mid 70's and did it with
style.

Jess called her and she replied 'The Cash Call is 11,536 but you are not
Jess Cain - I know his voice and hung up' - well Jess played that clip which
she heard and then called her back.

WHDH Cash Call may have been the best promotion this market ever saw.