Leased-time program on WRCA is about restoring/collecting old vacuum-tube radios

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Wed Jul 27 07:00:42 EDT 2011

On Wednesdays from 4:00AM to 5:00AM, WRCA(AM) 1330 is carrying a
program about restoring/buying/selling/swapping old vacuum-tube
radios. The program is called Tube Time. I did not catch the name of
the host. Last night, the program followed the late Danny Stiles'
Music Museum show and the records played between the interview/talk
segments were very much in keeping with Stiles' selections--in this
case, non-rock from the late 40s and early 50s.

The guest on last night's show was the owner/publisher of a specialty
magazine for collectors/restorers of and dealers in old vacuum-tube
radios. I didn't catch his name either, or for that matter, the name
of his magazine, which he said he had owned for only about the last
eight months. I suppose the magazine has a Web site, though given its
subject and the sort of folks it would appeal to, maybe not. In any
event, I don't think the URL of any Web site was given out during the
program. In fact, I don't think the host gave out any contact info
(e-mail or postal address) for himself. Unless I missed the URL and
contact info (I suppose I might have dozed off), you have to wonder
why the guy who runs the show would spend his time putting it
together or his money getting it on the air.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367