WCAS radio prize

Paul Hopfgarten paul@derrynh.net
Wed Jul 27 00:25:17 EDT 2011

Actually, the 1978-79 timeframe was when I would listen Wickus Island
Broadcasting! AM 740 was on the radio in my Mail room at my South End
employer (I was the mail room back then).

-Paul H

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Spatola
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:24 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
Subject: WCAS radio prize

In 1978 I won the double-LP soundtrack from the movie "FM," which included
the title song by Steely Dan.  I won it from WCAS, 740kc, as they were
promoting the fact that they were an AM station with an FM (kinda mellow
progressive) format.  And they were!  WCAS was a great station at that time.
My favorite commercials running on WCAS during that time were for "T T the
Bear's Place" in Central Square, Cambridge.  Air personalities included Rick
Starr and Frank Dugeon.

Glenn