Most expensive thing I ever won from a radio station

The Seacoast theseacoast@maine.rr.com
Tue Jul 26 19:42:15 EDT 2011

It was April 1968, Tom Sawyer was on the PM drive at 1510 WMEX, and the
contest was the "Bonnie & Clyde" contest.  There were 3 safe's to crack:
1st safe:  Blackbeard's Ghost Soundtrack LP, 2nd Safe: Cody's Perfume, a
WMEX Broadcast House Butane Lighter with the WMEX Broadcast House and date
built into it, 3rd Safe: (Grand Prize): Raleigh Motorbike.

Well, I cracked all three and won!  I was about 12 years old at the time, my
dad took me to the WMEX Broadcast House on Broadway, across from the Playboy
Club, and we picked up and signed all the paperwork.  My uncle drove us to
Comm. Ave. where Raleigh was and we picked up the motorbike.  ...and all I
have today from the winnings:  memories of WIMMEXX and the Blackbeard's
Ghost LP.

John