WCOP

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Jul 25 16:33:51 EDT 2011

On 7/25/2011 12:01 PM, Howard Glazer wrote:

> So what was the answer? Liu Shao-chi? I'm pretty sure Mao Tse-tung's title wasn't premier (prime minister); he was the chairman of the Communist Party -- for all we know, those 30 minutes before you called in might have been filled with callers wrongly guessing Mao.

At that time, wasn't it Chou En Lai?

> My prize haul from radio in the '60s and '70s included several gallons of ice cream, the "30 Now Goldens" album and Elton John's self-titled album (the one with "Your Song") from WRKO, a 20-pound Thanksgiving turkey from WGTR, and tickets to "Live at Passim" and my choice of three albums from a big box of discards from WCAS. That's in chronological order; you can trace my musical evolution in this paragraph!

I don't remember what the trivia question was, but I won a gallon of
Friendly's ice cream in a contest in WERS back in the early 1970s.  They
had a Saturday night rock & roll oldies show with a DJ who called
himself "Al Payola."  When I went into the Coolidge Corner Friendly's to
pick up my ice cream, the guy there knew "Al Payola" and told me his
real name, but I don't remember what it was.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.             617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700       Fax: 617.507.7856