WCOP

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Jul 24 23:50:13 EDT 2011

On 7/24/2011 11:39 AM, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> I am guessing COP decided that going MOR and running NBC's Monitor made more sense for them with the bottom line.

But those were two very different decisions at different times.  I'm not
sure when WCOP became an NBC affiliate, but it was some time after it
went MOR in 1962.

> WEZE at the time had become #1 in Boston with the beautiful music format. They would remain king until WJIB blew them away around 1967. I am guessing WEZE did not want to run Monitor and NBC went shopping and found WCOP.

WEZE stopped running Monitor much earlier, I think around 1960 or
thereabouts.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856