WCOP

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Jul 23 22:35:48 EDT 2011

On 7/23/2011 2:57 AM, Donna Halper wrote:

> But my record differ from yours, Tom.  WCOP was sold again several
> more times-- and yes, Plough absolutely owned it, but I don't have the
> ownership in the late 1940s-- my records say Plough bought the station
> after it was briefly owned by the soon to be defunct Boston Post
> newspaper. Plough purchased it from the Post in May 1956.

I think that would have been when WCOP took on the Top 40 format that I
remember,   I believe Plough continued to own WCOP and WCOP-FM into the
1970s, when the stations became WACQ and WTTK, until they were sold to
one of the Tangers and became WHUE.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856