WCOP

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sat Jul 23 22:44:57 EDT 2011

On 7/23/2011 6:23 PM, Cohasset / Hippisley wrote:

> WCOP was one of my two most-listened-to stations when I was in the
> East Campus dorms at MIT '58-'62. (The other was then-WTBS, naturally.
> WMEX was third because they didn't come in very well a lot of the
> time.) I have carried with me ever since that "Plough Incorporated"
> (which was the phrasing I heard over and over on WCOP) was
> headquartered in Memphis. But I have nothing to back that up except
> slowly fading half-century-old recollections. Bud Hippisley

I remember the tag, usually sometime around the news, "The Plough,
Incorporated stations where you're never more than five minutes away
from music!"  Once a week, on Sunday night, this wasn't true as WCOP ran
a couple of public service programs obtained from WGBH.

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856