AM Expanded Band

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sat Jul 23 21:15:03 EDT 2011

<<On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 23:10:33 +0000, "Kevin Vahey" <kvahey@gmail.com> said:

> So under this rule - Bob would qualify for a x-band for WJIB?

No, I misspoke.  I should have said "primary station" sted "AM
facility".  The prototype was Elizabeth, N.J., where WJDM was the only
primary (part 73) station licensed when the loophole was enacted.  As
other cities have passed the 100,000 population threshold, they have
become eligible.  It took the FCC so long to promulgate the X-band
rules that, by the time they were done, Vallejo, California, had
become eligible for an X-band station, which I think may actually have
made it on the air first.  The 1190 that's now KDYA was the "parent"
station.  Both WWRU and KDIA were granted CPs on the same day.

BTW, *please* do not send mail to boston-radio-interest-bounces.  That
address goes to an automated script that only reads bounce messages;
it has no interest in the mailing-list traffic and anything send there
that isn't a bounce message will be discarded.

-GAWollman