Radio "apps" for smartphones....

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 22:15:21 EDT 2011

--- On Fri, 7/15/11, Jeff Lehmann <jjlehmann@comcast.net> wrote:

> Doesn't sound like that does anything
> that the free TuneIn Radio one does though? I previously
> used wunderradio, but eventually began using TuneIn almost
> exclusively. I have iheartradio installed, for the CC
> stations, but pretty much just use that for IDing DX.

I realize I'm a little late to this discussion, but I would also like to cast a vote for the TuneIn app.  Almost all of my mobile streaming audio listening is done through that.  My only real complaint about it is that, in addition to not supporting streaming of CC stations (which is because of a CC corporate directive), they also do not support streaming of any Townsquare Media (former Regent Communications) stations either.  Here in the Albany-Schenectady-Troy NY market, that eliminates a vast majority of the local stations (Only the Pamal broadcasting stations, public broadcasting, market rimshot, and religious stations are streamed by it).

I also have the Xiia Lite player installed, but rarely use it.  There is currently a known defect that prevents any aacPlus audio streams from being played on certain Droid phones (I have an LG Optimus V, one of the affected phones).  If they ever fix that, I might use that more often...

                                          Matt Osborne
                                          Rotterdam, NY