Radio "apps" for smartphones....

Mario Gonzalez mariogonz@aol.com
Fri Jul 15 15:27:14 EDT 2011

I used to use Pocket Tunes more, but I found that both apps are very
stable.  One advantage of Tunein is that you can use it to find certain
sports events (not MLB) that might be on at a given time.  For example,
certain NBA games and NHL games could be heard just by going to the
sports category when the games started.  I think the radio stations
themselves are contributing programming listings to Tunein.

We should also mention that many stations have their own apps, so if you
just like one station you can download the app for that station.

I listen almost exclusively to radio using apps on my iPhone.  In the
car, we listen to XM.

Mario