Could News Corp lose right to broadcast in the US

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Wed Jul 20 01:28:31 EDT 2011

On 7/19/2011 1:12 PM, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> Fox News isn't broadcast, and we don't have a Canadian-style
> regulatory regime where the government decides what cable channels may
> be offered.  Whatever the blowback from the scandal is, it will have
> no effect whatsoever on Fox News.

 From a regulatory point of view, this is true. But it wasn't regulatory
blowback that shuttered News of the World...it was (at least in part)
the economic fallout as public revulsion over the phone-tapping
revelations pushed advertisers to shun the paper in droves.

It's hard (but not impossible) to imagine a similar reaction to Fox News
here absent a much bigger domestic scandal than has thus far been alleged.

(back home after driving across the country in 4 days and flying back in
1...)