Could News Corp lose right to broadcast in the US

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon Jul 18 16:28:45 EDT 2011

<<On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 15:48:36 -0400, "Bill O'Neill (billohno@gmail.com)" <billohno@gmail.com> said:

> Fox will skate on this. We're talking about an overseas newspaper that
> was out of control. If there's no evidence that US operations deal in
> this nonsense any push to deal with licenses would be seen as political
> circus in an election year.

It depends very much on whether News International, the British
subsidiary of News Corporation, was engaged in any activity that would
fall afoul of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act after 2003, when The
News Corporation Limited (South Australia) became News Corporation
(Delaware).  There is an ongoing FBI investigation into this question.

-GAWollman