Disney Radio

Doug Drown vzeej5wn@myfairpoint.net
Sat Jul 16 15:00:17 EDT 2011

>> The whole point of Radio Disney's network and stations is not to
>> make either money or ratings. They act solely as promotional
>> vehicles for the Disney brands. The appeal to children is
>> intentional, since they get hooked on Disney stuff easily, and
>> therefore draw in their parents who can actually spend the money.

Hence ABC's decision to sell its non-Radio Disney O&Os to Citadel.
They knew which side their bread was buttered on.

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 17:10:59 +0000, Sid Schweiger  wrote:
"I always wondered how/ if the stations make any money.  Most of the
commercials advertise Disney stuff such as movies, shows on the Disney
channel, etc.  There are a few " parent" commercials."