Radio "apps" for smartphones....

Bill O'Neill billohno@gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:38:56 EDT 2011

Scott - Way cool non-app to locate towers. Fun with the new phone on. Friday afternoon heading north from the metropolis of Rutland, VT. BillO

From: Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com>
Sent: Fri Jul 15 08:05:44 EDT 2011
To: fox893@yahoo.com
Cc: B-R-I <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>, boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: Radio "apps" for smartphones....

Iheartradio gets all the Clear Channel stations, and Tune In Radio gets
pretty much everything else. (There's also a Public Radio Tuner app that
links to nearly every public radio station around the country.)

It's not an app, per se, but bookmark whereami.bostonradio.org on your
browser. Used from a location-enabled mobile device, this nifty little
offering from our beloved Moderator quickly answers the question - "hey,
what's that tower over there?," a function I expect to be using a lot in
the next few days as I drive across the country!