Kiss 108 (was: Red Sox game)

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 11:40:31 EDT 2011

VBF picked up steam as the 70's decade progressed - they actually went Top 40 as WKOX-FM around 68 when WJIB took over as king the BM format. Biggest problem FM had was getting into cars - the FM converters were a pain.

Arnie became GM at BCN in 1970

WEEI-FM has the Young Sound from CBS and WBZ-FM was Top 40 for a few years but Westinghouse didn't have a clue what do do with FM

Mac Richmond was offered WBOS-FM for cheap money but he declined as his WPGC-FM in DC did little - he made his money with the daytimer there.

-----Original Message-----
From: SteveOrdinetz <hykker@wildblue.net>
Sender: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.orgDate: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 11:08:04
To: Donna Halper<dlh@donnahalper.com>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.bostonradio.org>; <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>; Chris Hall<chris2526@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Kiss 108 (was: Red Sox game)

Wasn't Arnie GM of WBCN for a while in the early 70s?  No format change
during his tenure there (though it certainly would have put a crimp in both
WMEX & WRKO had he put Top 40 on FM in the early 70s.  I don't recall WVBF
ever being much of a player though so maybe it was for the best that he
didn't).