CBS Boston Pops Fourth debacle

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 22:40:42 EDT 2011

I think this blogger nailed it

http://bythebanksoftherivercharles.blogspot.com/2011/07/open-letter-to-david-mugar-arthur.html
-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Paine <ka3zci@yahoo.com>
Sender: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.orgDate: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 18:34:04
To: <boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org>
Subject: CBS Boston Pops Fourth debacle

 I was going to write a big blurb about CBS trashing the concert (in my view) but remembered something in Rich Little's A Christmas Carol. Bob Cratchit (Little impersonated Paul Lynde for the part), when asked what he thought of the Christmas dinner prepared from a meager salary, responded "Offensive." That pretty well sums up what I think of the CBS broadcast. It's gone WA-A-AY downhill since the days of WCVB and A&E's joint ventures.