CBS Boston Pops Fourth debacle

Robert Paine ka3zci@yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 21:34:04 EDT 2011

 I was going to write a big blurb about CBS trashing the concert (in my view) but remembered something in Rich Little's A Christmas Carol. Bob Cratchit (Little impersonated Paul Lynde for the part), when asked what he thought of the Christmas dinner prepared from a meager salary, responded "Offensive." That pretty well sums up what I think of the CBS broadcast. It's gone WA-A-AY downhill since the days of WCVB and A&E's joint ventures.