Fybush: Willcox selling WNSH to Costa-Eagle

lglavin@mail.com lglavin@mail.com
Mon Jan 3 13:18:47 EST 2011

The pirate I recall being mentioned at 1570 in the Merrimack Valley was supposedly
in Lowell.  WNSH is NON-directional.  Early in the process of upgrading WNSH in terms
of its signal strength, also including shutting down WPEP in Taunton, there was a
proposal to go to 50,000 watts with a directional antenna.  I'm sure the people who
live in the homes near the Endicott College campus would have loved that!  There might
have been a Oak Park District NIMBY group if that had gone forward.  As it is, 30,000
watts out of a runt tower can't be much fun if a person living nearby tried to listen
to anything in the upper AM band. Yikes...I hope Costa-Eagle doesn't try to morph this deal
into running 30K on 1570 out of the current 800 tower in Andover!  There goes WWZN for me!