Fybush: Willcox selling WNSH to Costa-Eagle

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Mon Jan 3 11:41:20 EST 2011

 Scott Fybush said in today's North East Radio Watch (  http://www.fybush.com ) that Keating Willcox isn't just leasing WNSH
to Costa-Eagle for Spanish programming, simulcasting the 800/92.1 combo in Lawrence area, he's selling it to them for $400,000. A "Power 1570" logo appears on the page Costa-Eagle has up.

http://power800am.com/

At least the 1570 they mentioned is a legit station. Awhile back wasn't there a pirate in the Merrimack
Valley (Methuen?) at 1570?

Certainly a Hispanic audience out there, and the 30,000 watt directional signal can do well (85w at night I believe though). People have been wondering meanwhile if Salem would change 1150 to money talk
instead of Spanish, as they are doing at several of their outlets. It would pick up those listeners who had tuned to 1060 before they went Catholic.

I think Keating was webcasting Christmas music and religious music somehow, and may keep that up.
There is a "1570 WNSH" facebook group up for that. Something called the "WNSH Education Foundation" at Gordon College involved with that I guess.