Jingles

Bob DeMattia bob.bosra@demattia.net
Thu Feb 24 21:28:50 EST 2011

Hi Gary,

I don't have the exact jingles you requested, but you reminded me to post
this
information about a 1983 Continential Recordings demo tape I found.

Among the jingles on the demo is this:

WCGY
We're are rocking and a rolling and strolling the night away
We've stacks records the records that you want us to play
We're blue suede radio
Playing those good time songs
Blue suede radio
Rockin you all night long
WCGY

Not exactly rock garden, but let me know if you're interested.

Other jingles on the tape - if anyone sees I've misinterpreted
callsigns or names on the tape, let me know.  The tape is old
and a little muffled.  I did the best I could.

(Touch tones) Here's another HDH cash call winner

56 WGAN Portland

(WCGY jingle,above, is here)

WTEA

We're the heart of the country, country life 102, WLFE

Hello Joe, whatd'ya know, you hear the band a blowing on my old radio
We can sing and dance, or take a chance, OK boy, let us go
The music's talkin' to ya' on WPLL

97 WFLA

PNH FM We're here for you Stereo PNH

Relaxing beautiful music 95 FM

Country life is the only life for me 96 country KSTZ

Alaska Great Gold Radio

WGHQ

Radioactive in?to active on 99 FM [ed: can't make out the second word]

Look to us in the morning
To start you on your way
We play all your favorite songs
Bring your news and weather all day long
Look to us for all for everything you need
Talk and music, news and sports on WSKI   [ed: really guys, it doesn't
rhyme!]

Where your friends are, 133 SH

Bob Grady, WGAN, it's sun-un-un-un-day

Eliot Abrams, Howard Stern, Isna Scweenbag
WQXP grenda

All of the coast of country WTEA

99 FM Bangkok

Look to us for music, WHAV

WHDH WHDH

On the blank tape at the end, I added an off-the-air recording of the WNUV
(Baltimore) loop
used on the conventional audio channel when they were in scrambled mode.

The B side of the tape includes advertising jingles for:

Evans (you should see our selection)
The Transaxion Network (it's all over the state)
(Shopping at) The Corner
The Galleria (it's the place to be)
Hannoush Jewelers
Munson's Discovery Travel