WBACH now on 99.1 FM in Greater Concord NH

Ric Werme ewerme@comcast.net
Fri Feb 18 13:23:43 EST 2011

Temporarily.

WBACH, http://www.wbachradio.com/ , is really WBQW-WBQX-WBQI in Maine
and broadcasts commercial classical music.

99.1 Mhz (transmitter in Henniker NH, I believe) has been silent for several
months (been a great frequency for my iPod to FM transmitter to car radio).

I called WBACH to find out what's happening.  It turns out the Concord
station is one that Nassau has elected to sell to return under the FCC
monopoly restrictions, and that that hasn't happened.  It's been long enough
so that the FCC time limits on idle stations is looming, and Nassua is
relaying WBACH to have an on-air presense.