87.9 in Nashua NH

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 21:41:04 EST 2011

On Wed, 2/9/11, Paul Hopfgarten <paul@derrynh.net> wrote:
> I don't think the 20 somethings have the area code/location
> mindset of us Baby Boomers (I'm still getting use to 774,
> 339, 859 overlays in gtr Boston...heck I still think of the
> eastern 2/3s of MA as all 617....I had the 617 AC my entire
> life until I moved to the 603 in 1990...)

Absolutely not, especially since the idea of long distance is pretty much a thing of the past. Ten-digit dialing seems pretty mandatory in the U.S.

As an aside, I'm 32, and I can't remember making more than a handful of calls on a traditional land line in the past year -- never mind using a pay phone ...