Globe writer says it is time for Gil Santos and Gino Cappelletti to retire.

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psualum.com
Fri Dec 23 13:25:12 EST 2011

Donna Halper writes:
> My problem is when a station sweeps out all the
> vets and replaces them with young announcers who are not ready to do the quality
> job the vets did (but who work cheaper).  I don't think WBZ/Sports Hub will
> make that mistake.  If they replace these two guys, I am sure the replacement
> will be either a big name or an experienced voice.

I'm interested in Chad Finn's speculation on Gary Tanguay as a successor. He has great pipes but I don't know if he's ever done high-level play-by-play. Maybe some college stuff? But that's it. I know Dale Arnold has his detractors, but I'd think he'd be the obvious choice.