Hurricane Irene Radio & TV Coverage

A Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Sun Aug 28 20:26:15 EDT 2011

I noticed that all the local commercial TV chnnnels had various
reporters standing outdoors in the wind and rain, sometimes holding onto
their hats as they spoke, reporting on the storm.  The cable news
channels did the same.  This is ridiculous.  Why can't they be indoors
by a window?  Do they need to have a casualty before they stop doing this?

Yesterday, on the UMass Amherst campus, I picked up WFAN on the car
radio, and one of the people there was commenting on this, too.  I think
many standups are foolish and a waste of time, but this is particularly
stupid.

BTW, while driving home from Amherst yesterday I picked up a station at
AM 700 which seemed to be all ESPN sports.  The legal ID was so soft
that I couldn't hear anything beyond the W.  Anyone know what it was?

--
A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
92 State Street, Suite 700          Fax: 617.507.7856