WEEI can't blame the Bruins for July

Don Donald_Astelle@yahoo.com
Sat Aug 13 15:28:13 EDT 2011

> FM options are pretty limited for Entercom
>
> I wonder if any thought has been given to going to Greater Media and
> perhaps
> working out some kind of a swap with 96.9 being the focal point. (Maybe
> offer them both 680 and 850 plus cash) - Then GM could merge their talk
> format with whatever they want from WRKO and then use 850 for pure ESPN
> radio)

I don't think Greater Media has ever been a company with any real interest
in AM.

Once in awhile they own a small AM to be part of a combo in a market, but
most of their AM's seem to be run as an afterthought.

I don't think it would ever be part of their company strategy.

Besides, I'm sure they're content to watch Entercom grovel along for crumbs
in this market.