WHRB & WSKX Tweak Signals

Supersport supersport@maine.rr.com
Sat Aug 6 08:05:40 EDT 2011

How about letting me program it locally, as opposed to carrying Kiss-108 on
it or a near-clone of Kiss-108, of which this market is not Boston!

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurence Glavin [mailto:lglavin@mail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:53 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.bostonradio.org
Subject: WHRB & WSKX Tweak Signals

Two FM stations operating on 95.3, WHRB COL Cambridge, MA TL
Financial/Theater District of downtown Boston, and  WSKX COL York, ME TL Mt
Agamenticus, ME (a hill really) have applied to tweak their facilities. WHRB
will go from a  directional antenna to a non-directional antenna, and lower
its ERP a skosh, while WSKX alter its DA pattern to spread  its full power
over a large area, while reducing its signal south and southwest. This seems
a little odd because WWWA-FM
 95.3 is boosting its power at the same time. Actually, to paraphrase Randy
Newman, WSKX has no reason to exist...it  would be better if it went away.
It's supposedly a part of the Portsmouth, NH/Kittery, ME market, and in the
past failed  to show up in the ratings the last time I looked (with
different call letters). Is there a Harvardian somewhere with a few idle
bucks to buy out WSKX and silence it?