What is it with this royal wedding nonsense?

Richard Chonak rac@gabrielmass.com
Fri Apr 29 15:53:31 EDT 2011

On 04/29/2011 01:13 PM, Larry Sochrin wrote:
> that countdown clock worked, since it even got me to stick with it,
> although I could care less.

Hm?

A person with a complete lack of interest would say that he _couldn't_
care less.  So does this mean you normally do care about the royals to
some degree?

--Never mind, Richard.
--OK.

Anyway, I went for the TripleCast:

- MSNBC with the sound off;

- video from the YouTube "RoyalChannel", with the sound off: this was
the same feed, but a few seconds behind, so that I could check
interesting visuals twice (OMG, who mounted that robot cam up in the top
of the Abbey's apse to give me acrophobia?)

- commentary from BBC Radio 4 (via internet).

The MSNBC video would have been improved by adding chyron titles to
identify speakers: e.g., Rowan Williams, Hairy Welsh Baritone.

--RC