What is it with this royal wedding nonsense?

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Fri Apr 29 08:49:44 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 2:10 AM, Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:

> What irritates me is how most local stations have cut back on local news
> and cut back on budgets for the newsroom.  Yet they will come up with the
> money to send a crew to England to cover an event like the royal wedding.
>  WHY?

For the same reason we saw wall-to-wall coverage of Princess Diana's death,
Charlie Sheen/Lindsay Lohan's antics or the results of American Idol.  There
are a substantial number of listeners/viewers who care more about celebrity
gossip than they do about city council meetings.