Company Hires Actors To Call Radio Talk Shows

Bob DeMattia bob.bosra@demattia.net
Thu Apr 14 17:50:02 EDT 2011

I read an article about this a while back.  Sorry, I can't remember
where, but it went something like this:

In the 80s,stations started doing prank phone calls to people.  A little
more complex than "is your refrigerator running", but you get the idea.
I remember 98.5 used to do this in the early 90's at 7:45 am.

At some point they were told they couldn't do this because they were taping
and retransmitting the phone conversation without prior consent.

To get around this, Premiere started used paid actors to play the pranks
on.  So this might explain some of it.