Company Hires Actors To Call Radio Talk Shows

Paul B. Walker, Jr. walkerbroadcasting@gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:53:35 EDT 2011

I worked at a station that carried a nationally syndicated morning show,
which for a short time, originated from our studios.

Occassionally I'd hear a phone call that sounded really suspect, you
know.... the caller knew way too well exactly what to say. Wether it was
dissing the competition or had way too good of a story, it made me wonder.

A few times I happened to answer the phone to a person who introduced
themselves by phone, off air as one person that was to do a "bit" with the
host. Then I'd hear them on the air with a different name, pretending to be
a listener.

One of these "listeners" even went so far as to refer to another morning
show as "a bunch of d-bags"

Paul Walker