W. MA doesn't get Boston TV channels anymore

marklaurence@mac.com marklaurence@mac.com
Thu Sep 2 12:04:42 EDT 2010

On Sep 2, 2010, at 6:09 AM, Dan.Strassberg wrote:

> Do you have an amplier between the antenna output and the receiver's
> RF input? In areas where there are strong signals as well as weak
> ones, amplifiers can overload, making reception (especially reception
> of the weak signals) even worse. But it doesn't sound as if you have
> any strong signals (except, maybe, "27") at your location, which ought
> to make it a good candidate for an amplifier.

I do have a signal amplifier, a $25 Radio Shack booster, which I tried
without success.  I know there are better amplifiers and better places
to put them in the system, but I have given up on this project and
bought bare-bones cable for $13 a month.

I see in a tvb.org report that cable and satellite penetration covers
91.6% of households (98.8% in Boston/Manchester!), but I wonder how
many of the remaining 8% have dropped off the grid?