W. MA doesn't get Boston TV channels anymore

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Thu Sep 2 06:09:31 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Laurence" <marklaurence@mac.com>
To: "Mark Casey" <map@mapinternet.com>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 11:13 PM
Subject: Re: W. MA doesn't get Boston TV channels anymore

> After dozens of trips to the roof to tweak the  antenna by a half
> inch or so, I finally succeeded in getting WNAC in  Providence, but
> it cuts out often enough to make viewing almost  impossible.

Do you have an amplier between the antenna output and the receiver's
RF input? In areas where there are strong signals as well as weak
ones, amplifiers can overload, making reception (especially reception
of the weak signals) even worse. But it doesn't sound as if you have
any strong signals (except, maybe, "27") at your location, which ought
to make it a good candidate for an amplifier.