Boom Boom Brannigan passes on

Dave Doherty dave@skywaves.net
Tue Oct 26 22:17:19 EDT 2010

I met Boom-Boom in 1968 or maybe 1969 at the WPTR studios. Another WPTR DJ,
Roy Urbinas, who eventually wound up in Plattsburgh and may have originally
hailed from there, cut a couple of voicers for me, and Roy introduced us.
Boom Boom was an interesting character, very pleasant, and the first "Boss
Jock" I ever met.

Not long after, I worked summers as a tech at WGY, pushing buttons and
whatnot for Bill Edwardson, Jack Shannon, Harry Downey, Earl Pudney, and
Steve Fitz.

-Dave Doherty